Enjoy this sweet and healthy treat as a snack or for breakfast. In summer I sometimes skip the apple and toss in fresh berries after cooking.
Servings: 2 Servings
- 1-2 tbsp organic virgin coconut oil (less if the apple is juicy)
- 1 organic apple unpeeled, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup dried pumpkin seeds (pepitas), or 1/2 cup soaked almonds
- 2 tbsp unsweetened organic shredded coconut
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger (optional)
- 1 dash stevia powder
In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the coconut oil. Add the apple and cook for about 4 minutes until tender. Stir in the quinoa, pumpkin seeds, coconut, cinnamon, ginger (if using), and stevia to taste, cook until warmed through.