Grain-Free Peach Cobbler
Peach cobbler is another traditional Southern treat that is hard to give up, even during a two-week program. The good news is that this healthy version fits perfectly within your regimen. When in season, choose fresh organic peaches (preferably local), or use sliced frozen peaches from the grocery store.
Servings: 6 servings
For Fruit Filling
- 4 cups sliced fresh organic peaches, or frozen and thawed
- 2 tbsp grated orange zest
- 2 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened organic coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup melted organic virgin coconut oil plus additional for greasing the baking dish
- 2 tbsp erythritol
- 1/4 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 pinch Himalayan salt or Celtic sea salt (or more to taste)
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch round baking dish (or similar size) with coconut oil.
To make the filling: In a large bowl, mix the peaches, orange zest, and oragne juice. Pour into the baking dish.
To make the topping: n a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut, pecans, almnods, coconut oil, erythritol, cinnamon, ginger, and salt until crumbly. Scatter evenly over the fruit filling.
Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until the fruit is bubbly. Serve warm with Coconut Milk Whipped Cream.