Turmeric gives a golden appearance and an anti-inflammatory perk to this deliciously tropical recipe. Maca is an adaptogenic plant belonging to the brassica family; adding it to this smoothie provides extra nourishment and hormone-balancing support.
Servings: 1 person
- 1 cup organic unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened organic coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup fresh mango, or frozen
- 2 pitted dates
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp organic virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp dried maca (optional)
- 1/4 cup ice cubes made from filtered water (omit if using frozen mango)
In a blender, combine all the ingredients, including the maca (if using), and blend until smooth. Pour into a tall glass and enjoy cold.